This cocktail is my jam right here. As in, I basically jammed all of the flavors I was craving into one cocktail and called it done.
I was such a happy camper, smiling like a big goon while I was whipping up this concoction and snapping pictures outside. The sun was shining for the first time in what felt like a bajillion years and I had a little music playing in the background; it felt exactly how it should when this cocktail is in your hands.
My evening was capped off with Dayne coming home from work, cheers-ing these bad boys and the both of us scarfing down chipotle chicken salad wraps which I am TOTALLY re-making for you guys. So easy, so delish.
Twas a wonderful summer night had by all!
My summers are made every year by these little gems. Moments that, if you let it, stand still and are the epitome of sweet summertime.
Now, drink up! 😉
lemon lime cucumber cooler
- ice cold vodka – roughly 3 oz.
- ice cubes
- ginger beer
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3-5 cucumber slices
- Muddle the basil, lemon and lime juice together at the bottom of your desired cocktail glass.
- Add ice and vodka to the glass.
- Top off with ginger beer.
- Garnish with cucumber slices and give everything a big stir.
- If you’re feeling fancy you can add a lemon or lime wedge to the rim.