My LAWD summer is BUS-Y.
Not that all summers aren’t, but this one in particular is feeling just insane. My best friend’s and I just got together last weekend in Madison and before we drove back to Minneapolis we were all on the couch, phones in hand, scrolling through our calendars and someone said “what’s everyone last weekend in October looking like?”
I love being back in Minneapolis and I’m trying to say yes to just about everything. But, summers in the Minnesota are nothing if not these three things:
- so stressful, so much fomo
- THE BEST ;) obviously
- “that weekends no good for me I’m going to a wedding/cabin/bachelorette party/bridal shower/baby shower/concert/the lake/camping”
So here’s a little recipe to help get you through the week.
It’s relatively cheap and easy, so that’s helpful since I’m always mortified looking at my bank account balance May-August (cocktails on the patio, anyone?)
Quick whip a batch of these up on Sunday, or Monday if your weekends are too busy, and enjoy 1-2 bars for breakfast all week long.
blueberry oat breakfast bar
makes 9 square bars
- 2 cups GF oats, seperated
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 scoops of vegan vanilla protein powder, optional
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped dates
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor combine 1 cup oats, almonds, protein powder and salt.
- Blend until combined. Add dates and process for another 30 seconds or so.
- Add fresh blueberries, remaining 1 cup oats, maple syrup, vanilla.
- Blend until sticky and all ingredients are incorporated.
- Press down mixture in a parchment covered 8×8 square pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.